12.1.10

Unwanted Calls

Recently, I've been getting some unwanted calls on my iPhone. I went looking for a way to block these calls, but unless you want to pay $4.99/mo there is no good way to do this. After googling around on the internet, I found a workable solution that others may find useful:

The Silent Ringtone

Instead of blocking calls, you can add them to your contacts and set the contact to a silent ringtone.

I created a contact called "Telemarketer" and added the number of the person that has been calling. The great thing is that you can add multiple numbers to the same contact. (I don't know what the limit is, if there is one).

To get a silent ringtone into your iPhone, just google "iphone silent ringtone" and download one. Then drag the ringtone to iTunes and it will be available the next time you synch w/iTunes.

I know this solution has probably been around for a while, but most people don't look for it until they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment