4.9.09

AppStore Rejection

So it's been about 18 days since I submitted QuoteKeeper FREE for approval and today, I finally got a response. REJECTED!

The actual wording in the e-mail is more tactful, but says the same thing.

First I should mention that QuoteKeeper FREE was submitted the same day as FlashCardz FREE (Aug 17th). FlashCardz FREE was approved Aug 29th (12 days later). The only difference between the original versions and the FREE versions is the advertising at the top. Here's a snippet from the e-mail.

We've reviewed QuoteKeeper FREE and determined that we cannot post this version of your iPhone application to the App Store because of an Apple trademark image.

And this is the image they sent for reference...

At first I couldn't figure out what the problem was. But I think it has to do with the Ad at the top that mentions iPhone. Here is the statement concerning the use of the Apple Logo that was sent with the rejection e-mail, etc...




Apple Logo and Apple-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Apple Logo or any other Apple-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Apple, such as a reseller agreement.

It's not too big of a deal. I fixed it so that the only advertising that shows up is my own for Chili Dawg Software, which doesn't mention Apple or iPhone.

Now if you read the fine print, it talks about logos, graphic symbols,  and icons; none of which are present in this image. Strange. I'm beginning to understand why a lot of developers are complaining about the app review process. However, I do appreciate that they are at least telling me why it was rejected.

Anyway, I resubmitted my application for review and I hope it doesn't take another 2.5 weeks to get it approved.

I love the Mac and the iPhone, and I think Apple is one of the best companies out there. I know they're working hard to make improvements to the overall process for developers, which I appreciate. This is just one of those things that leaves me scratching me head.

No comments:

Post a Comment