18.9.09

WebMD Review


Hypochondriac's rejoice! WebMD has released an iPhone app. I don't normally browse the Medical section in the App Store, but when I did, I found this. This is not an app that I look at every day, in fact the only reason I keep it on my iPhone is that one day it might save someone's life.

WebMD mobile does three major things: 1. Check your symptoms 2. Check your prescriptions 3. Gives First Aid Information.

If you go to the Symptom Checker for the first time it will ask you for your age, gender and zip code. I have no idea what your zip code has to do with anything, but I'm not a doctor either.


Depending on the gender you specify you will get a person pictured like this. You can touch different parts of the body and select from a list of different symptoms. Once you build up a whole list, you can touch the "View Possible Causes" button. From there you can read up on the different possible causes for your list of symptoms.

Next is the Treatments tab, that lets you search for different drugs by name, or by shape and color. Once you find the drug you're looking for, you can read about all kinds of relevant information such as uses, side effects, precautions, interactions, and overdoses.


And finally, there's the First Aid section. Just click on the relevant situation and it will pull up the relevant article. It's probably worthwhile to read through them before you encounter these situations, but it's still handy even if you don't.

It's a well done app and as I mentioned before it could save someone's life. I also like the symptom checker and the way it was implemented.

Overall Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment