2.9.09

Marketing Failure

One of the sites I follow regularly is The Unofficial Apple Weblog (www.tuaw.com). It has been a great source of all things Apple. After my apps first came out, I thought that if I could just get mentioned on this site that my sales would go through the roof.
So, I e-mailed one of the guys that reviews iPhone apps on the site and suggested that they do a "Back to School" themed review for iPhone apps. I also mentioned my app FlashCardz.
Well, I never got a response; not even a "Hey that's a great idea." If you go to their site now, you'll see that they do have a new "Back to School" section where they review iPhone apps for students. And to put salt on the wound, they review someone else's flash card application. 
Now, I don't know if they were planning to do this all along or not. But I can imagine that guy I e-mailed sitting in a meeting and saying, "Hey, why don't we do a Back to School thing with iPhone Apps!"
Anyways, as far as marketing goes, that was a big failure.

UPDATE:
Tuaw has announced their iPhone app review guidelines. I'll test it out one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment